A guy in a lesbian club, a tough girl in a boy's world... we are proud not only to confuse others [confusion after all, has become a fashion accessory] but moreover, to be confused . Clenched fist raised, hair down. Same thing.
In the language of love, the same word is used for "genre" and "gender"; angle sorted for the cd then. "What is the genre of this cd? " asks you neighbour, "what is your gender?" asks your mum. Genre, gender, genre, genre, gender, genre...
And what about your family, what is their "genre"? More: who the fuck is your family? Normal-not normal? whatever. We probably all reconstructed ourselves here, in this "dysfunctional family", the one who fucks genders and genres.
Anyway, at kill the dj, straight genre and gender have been longtime dead and buried. An absence shared by all of us in a dark and seedy club, where blondes wear a moustache with elegance, where the lady toilet attendant is a guy in mini skirt, where the sweaty run down white vest is the flag of our personal revolution.
no style is style – no gender is gender – We are all dynsfunctional
Here we go:
1. Planning to Rock- Death Dream. The title , everything is in the title ….. discover with kevin blechdom , amazing performer, album coming soon , one of our upcomers, cabaret on nasty speed ….
2. Dapayk-close your eyes. The Funk. The Punk Funk. No, no ….. not this one …
3. Enik-why do you love me ? (broke remix). Matthias Aguayo from kompakt for an amazing remix. Broken you said ??
4. 2000 & one- Get Down (Shinedoe remix). « Down, down, down… » say you brother . « Up, up, up » we say…..
5. Egoexpress-The Fool of the New City. A manifest ???
6. Musiccargo-One way ticket. My girlfriend is a biker. She drives fast fast fast… krautrock at his best .
7. Jason Edwards-Codeine. Album to released on Kill the DJ. Hero-folk et héros folk.
8. Botox-Hummer Party. Cosmo Vitelli vs Tekel : Slow is the new fast. Yeah yeeaaah yeaaaoooooooooww… (the sound of a record stopping)
9. Louderbach -Grace (Anxiety). Troy Pierce for a definition of our lives.
10. Whignomy Brothers-Wombat. A club in the clouds.
11. Waterlilly-Dissidance (Thomas Anderson remix). Old school rave baby !
12. Remote-Teaser. Kills the Dj records . Mascara overdose.
13. Point B-After Burns. Le soleil noir brûle sévère…
14. Billy Childish & Holly Golightly- Let me know you. We said it before : « real heroes never die »… put some poetry in your life . The punkest couple on the planet..